Your privacy is important to us
Discount–Licensing Limited (registered in England under number 05183378) whose registered office is at Second Floor 6 Anson Court, Horninglow Street, Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom DE14 1NG (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We gather and process data in accordance with the prevailing data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
This policy sets out the basis on which we will process personal data we collect about you, or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your data.
2. Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide:
o by approaching us to supply goods or services; and
o requesting further information, services or content
This includes your title, gender, full name, address and other communication contact information, job title and company affiliation.
- Details of your visits to our website. This includes, but is not limited to:
o details of the computer or other device that you are using;
o details of the web browser you are using;
o details of your language settings;
o traffic data;
o location data;
o other communication data.
o IP address data
- Information provided by reputable third-party data sources such as third party agents and representatives of Discount-Licensing Limited.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including any information provided or required to resolve your enquiry or issue.
4. Storage of personal data
We have implemented appropriate security measures to protect information from:
- unauthorised access or modification,
- or destruction
Our security systems include authenticated access to internal databases. We also encrypt and anonymise data wherever it is appropriate to do so. We regularly take back-ups of our data. We regularly review overall web security and audit procedures.
In conforming with data protection laws, we endeavour to implement appropriate procedures to protect your personal data and to prevent any unauthorised access or misuse of it. Our servers, on which your personal data is kept, are located in the United Kingdom. We also use the United Kingdom storage services of an external company Compuweb Communications Services Limited to store your personal data.
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data when transmitted via the internet between us: any such transmission is at your own risk.
5. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with relevant information, products and services of a type that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out the requirements of any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to use the interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so.
We also pass your data to third party organisations, such as our agents and representatives in order to assist us to provide you with relevant information about their goods and services.
We are committed to responsible email practices. We only send email to individuals whose data has been lawfully and fairly obtained. If at any time you do not wish to receive emails from us, please use the unsubscribe functionality contained in all of our communications. Alternatively, please contact us on email@example.com or by post to Data Protection Co-ordinator, Discount Licensing, Second Floor 6 Anson Court, Horninglow Street, Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 1NG.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to our agents and representatives.
We may disclose your personal information to an organisation to whom we may be considering transferring the whole or part of our business or assets.
We may disclose your personal information to the extent that we are under a duty to or it is proper to disclose or share your personal data in order to:
- comply with any legal obligation;
- protect the rights, property, or safety of Discount-Licensing Limited, our customers, or others.
7. Your rights
The data protection legislation gives you a number of rights. These rights include:
- Right to data erasure which is explained under the heading “How do I opt out” above.
- Right to make a “subject access request”, which is a request for a copy of the data which we hold about you.
- Right of correction (or where appropriate erasure) of data which we hold about you where this is inaccurate.
- Right to data portability
- Right to withdraw your future consent to our processing your personal data.
- Right to contact and make enquiries of our data protection co-ordinator who can be contacted at Email: dataprotectioncoordinator@Discount-Licensing.com In writing: Data Protection Co-ordinator, Second Floor 6 Anson Court, Horninglow Street, Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 1NG.
- Right to complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner.
Please be aware that if you exercise one of these rights, that in order to protect your privacy, we may require you to undergo some verification tests to ensure that we are dealing with you.
- Contract – to consider potential or to fulfil actual contracts with you. If you are not able to provide this data, it is possible that we will be unable properly to perform our side of any contract with you.
- Legitimate Interest – In order to consider potential or to fulfil actual contracts with you and others, we need to collect and process personal data about you.
- Consent – We may also rely on your consent to use your personal data.
8. Data Retention
If you make a purchase from us, we normally hold and process your data without limitation of time. We do so for your benefit. This is because Microsoft have the power to audit licences without limitation of time and we need that data to assist ourselves and you in complying with any such audit.
In other circumstances, we normally hold and process data for a maximum of seven years from the data when you last interacted with our services. In this context “interact” means enquired about a purchase or sale or made an enquiry about purchasing one of our services.
In any event, we will stop the processing of your data where you ask us to do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Data Protection Officer, Discount-Licensing Limited, Second Floor 6 Anson Court, Horninglow Street, Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 1NG. The only circumstances in which we will not do so are where we have a legal obligation or a legitimate interest to continue processing your data.
Our websites and email bulletins may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. We do not set and are not responsible for those policies.
9. Analytic Suppliers
In common with the comparable companies that use the internet we occasionally use your personal data to help Analytic Suppliers match relevant ads to you using the data analytics of those Analytic Suppliers. However, we only use the data in that way where you are a subscriber to the services of Analytic Suppliers and have therefore agreed to this service by acceding to the relevant Agreements of those Analytic Suppliers. Accordingly, we do not control the countries in which those Analytic Suppliers process data.
We mean by Analytic Suppliers companies such as: Facebook; Google; Twitter and Microsoft. Analytic Suppliers supply us with statistical information on how users interact with our website to help us improve our user experience.